Camp Landek Park is an ideal starting point if you want to discover Ostrava and its surroundings. It is located at the foot of the Landek national natural landmark, a known archaeological site, and a mere 5 km away from the center of Ostrava. It is part of the Landek Park Mining Museum with unique mining expositions.
Camp Landek Park offers 250 vacancies for tents. Motorhomes and RVs have special designated spots, called stellplatzes, with all the necessary infrastructure: electricity outlets, fresh potable water, as well as waste water outlets with the possibility of chemical WC waste disposal.
The sports and relaxation amenities include the following:
- network of bike paths with an asphalt surface (suitable for inline skating as well); the Oder-Morava-Danube bike path, currently under construction, traverses the premises. The bike path leads into the center of Ostrava and then to Frýdek-Místek and subsequently the Beskydy mountains
- four outside tennis courts with a high-quality artificial surface
- multipurpose field with an asphalt surface
- workout field
- multi-purpose hall that offers exercise for the entire family
- four-lane bowling alley with a children’s lane
- two restaurants on the premises and a snack bar at the camp reception
The center of Ostrava is easily accessible by public transport from the “Hornické museum” stop or by bike on the trail along the Ostravice river – you may use the city’s shared bikes, which can be rented at the campsite.
Operating season: May – September
Caravan capacity: 30 (50 during festival season)
Tent capacity: 250 (1 000 during festival season)
Pet policy: Small pets welcome
Swimming in the vicinity: Vodní svět!!! (World of Water) in the center of Ostrava (4.4 km), lake Štěrkovna in Hlučín (10 km)
Tips for trips in the vicinity:
A narrated tour of the Mining Museum (descent into the mine, mining emergency services exposition), outside exposition of heavy mining equipment. The museum guides are former miners. (directly at the campsite)
Lower Vítkovice Area – a unique industrial complex in Ostrava offers a wide gamut of attractions (Bolt Tower, Science and Technology Center for adults and children, Gong, Milan Dobeš Museum, jumping center, rock-climbing wall) and services. (7.5 km)
Ostrava and its attractions (The New City Hall lookout tower, the former Michal mine, Ostrava Zoo, Silesian Ostrava Castle, Gallery of Fine Arts, Ostrava Museum, Planetarium, Mound Ema)
Private chateau in Šilheřovice – the chateau park serves as a golf course (10.5 km)
Hlučín-Darkovičky Czechoslovak fortification complex (8.9 km)